General Topic : « CREATE, STRUCTURE, SUSTAIN AND DEVELOP A BUSINESS IN COMOROS : THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF OHADA LAW
The High Regional School of Magistracy (ERSUMA) of the Organization for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa (OHADA), has organized from June 24 to July 5, 2019 in Moroni (COMOROS) a series of activities on the Uniform Acts with the financial support of the Business Climate Improvement Project ( BCIP) of The World Bank Group.
This series of activities, the first of its kind in a OHADA member State aimed at popularizing OHADA Uniform Acts, building the capacity of legal and figures professionals and stimulating investment in the Union of Comoros.
The launching ceremony for ERSUMA activities in Comoros was chaired by Mr. Mohamed Housseini Djamalilaili , Minister of Justice, Islamic Affairs, Public Administration and Human Rights of the Union of the Comoros and Professor Mayatta Ndiaye MBAYE, Director General of ERSUMA-OHADA. Also attended this ceremony :
- The Minister of national education, high education and scientific research ;
- The minister of home affairs, Information, Decentralization, responsible for the relations with other government institutions. Government spokesperson.
- The Minister of Youth , Employment, Labour, Training and professional integration, Sports, Arts and Culture ;
- World Bank Group Resident Representative ;
- The Secretary General of the Minister of Finances and Budget representing the Minister ;
- The Secretary General of the Minister of Economy, Investments, in charge of economic integration representing the Minister ;
- The Director General of Judicial Affairs with the Ministry of Justice, President of the Comoros OHADA National Commission.
This ceremony was held at Retaj hotel, on Monday June 24, 2019 . 150 participants among which the concerned stakeholders, the representatives of the different professional orders, employers’orgnization, chamber of commerce, banks and financial institutions’ association, national offices in charge of tax and treasory directorate, lecturers, students of all categories attended this ceremony. At the end of the ceremony, a family photo was taken with the officials and the participants what led to the opening and the visit of the documentary stands of ERSUMA mobile bookshop.
Thus , for 11 days the auditors from the Union of Comoros and other OHADA countries like Cameroon and Gabon have been trained on the different topics sumurrized in the table below :
Mostly pratical, the trainings were conducted in a participatory and inclusive way with case studies and role plays according to the topic. This enabled a large sharing of experiences among the 6 trainers and 296 auditors.
A scientific Conference which opening remarks were made by Mr. Moindjié MOHAMED MOUSSA, Minister of National education, High Education and Scientific Research was held in IFERE Amphitheater on Saturday june 29, 2019. The Director General of ERSUMA led the conference on « OHADA Law and the performance of Comorian Companies » and the dean of the faculty of Law and Economic Sciences of the University of the Comoros (UDC) moderated it. About one hundred auditors attended this conference.
It’s worth mentioning that during these two weeks of activities, many work sessions were held with the following personalities and professional orders :
- the Minister of Justice, Islamic Affairs, public Administrations and Human Rights and his cabinet’s members ;
- the Minister of National Education, High education and scientific research and his cabinet ;
- the President of the University of the Comoros and his cabinet’s members ;
- the Chairman of OHADA National Commission ;
- the Secretary General of the new Employers’ organization of the Comoros (OPACO) ;
- the Representative of the President of the Court of Arbitration of Comoros (CACOM) ;
- the Executive director of Enterprises Movement in Comoros ( MODEC) ;
- the Representative in the Comoros of the International Committee of Génie en Herbe ( CIGHO) ;
- the Representatives of the Bar Association of the Comoros ;
- the Chamber of Notaries, Bailiffs, accountants, etc...
The work sessions have led to the establishment of a cooperation and technical assistance framework in the field of intervention of ERSUMA such as capacity building (training) , research, documentation, bookshop, legal consultancy, technical assistance, etc. Parties committed to strengthen the dissemination of activities related to OHADA’s business law in the Union of Comoros.
At the end of the activities, auditors and the government officials extended their full satisfaction . The Government of the Union of Comoros undertook to support these activities by making them more regular.
We hereby express our sincere gratitude to all the auditors, and specifically the Ministry in charge of Justice and its dismembrements which have seriously contributed to the success of these activities. We also thank the World Bank Group through the Investment Climate Improvement Project (ICIP) which fully funded this activities.
The activities of the second half of 2019 have already been launched and will take place as follows :
- in Douala, from September 16 to 20: “Mastering the new legal framework on arbitration and mediation in the OHADA Space” (en anglais);
- in Conakry, from october 7 to 11 on: "Methodology Guide for preparing consolidated and combined financial statements ( D4C version)’’ & "Reading and analysis of financial statements of revised SYSCOHADA by non financial persons ’’ ;
- in Abidjan, from october 21 to 23, on : "referral to CCJA in contentious cases : How to avoid inadmissibility ?’’ ;
- in Bissau, from november 4 to 8 on : "Prevenção e tratamento de dificuldades das empresas : as contribuições do AUPCAP revisto’’ (en portugais) ;
- in Dakar, on november 14 and 15, 2019, the first Edition of the International Forum for Legal Professionals on « Investment Negotiation and Consulting within OHADA Zone ».
- In Malabo, from november 18 to 22 on : "Prevention and handling of companies’difficulties : the contributions of revised UOCPCB ’’ (in Spanish) ;
- in Porto-Novo (ERSUMA headoffice), from december 2 to 4 , International Symposium on : "Informal economy within OHADA space : economic, legal, political and socio-anthropological approaches’’ ; and at last
- in Cotonou, from december 9 to 13 on : " Governance of pubicly owned enterprises : best practices for State portfolio management ’’.
Registrations are already open with limited number of places.
Phone numbers : +229 20 24 58 04 / 97 97 05 37 /95 40 31 90
« ERSUMA, for an effective and efficient rule of Law »